 Star Wars / 17680
Re: New UCS!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:11:48 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Eaton wrote:
   Apparently, a new UCS AT-ST is coming out, as reported by FBTB:

DaveE

I picked mine up the other day and just started building it. So far I’m both impressed and disappointed slightly.

I’m impressed with the size and detail. But I’m disappointed that the legs are not posable. Only one of the leg joints is clickable but moving that joint is pointless because none of the other joints will flex. So it pretty much will just stand like a statue. I’m still studying it to see if it’s modable to add mobility and not sacrifice the detail but don’t expect to be able to pose this model beyond just turning the head.

It’s a fun set to build so far and the truth is that the leg design on this “mech” is pretty instable as far as mechs go so it’s not a real surprize that they choose to make the joints locked so that they can support the large and somewhat heavy head.