 Star Wars / 1756
1755  |  1757
Subject:
My TRU experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 16:44:14 GMT

I went to the TRU in Sunnyvale California last night. There were about 300
people waiting to get their hands on new Episode I toys. Things were quite well
organized. They only let 20 people at a time into the store, and gave people a
5 minute limit. They had all of the lego sets including all of the episode I
sets, but they ran out of the large pod racer set, and the Naboo Swamp sets.
They had plenty of figures, and it was not uncommon for people to walk out with
2 complete sets of figures. People were walking around in the store saying,
"Here's an extra Maul I don't want. Do you want it?"

They restocked the lego about every half hour. Several of us patiently waited
off to the side as they brought out new lego. They went through approximately
10 boxes (boxes, not sets) of subs, infiltrators, battle droids and the yellow
ship while I was there.

It was routine to see people buying $100-200 worth of stuff. We even had two
people dressed up (I suspect they were TRU employees).

Very interesting