 Star Wars / 17453
  License Lifespan?

This was probably discussed previously, but I couldn't readily find it: when does the LEGO/Star Wars license deal expire? And might we hope for LEGO original Space themes soon thereafter? Thanks for your input. Dave! (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: License Lifespan?

(...) 2007 is the last year of the original license. The question is whether or not Lego will seek to renew the license, and whether or not they'll seek to modify the license. I kinda wonder whether the license says that TLG (are they going back to (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: License Lifespan?

(...) FYI, FBTB.net posted a Q&A recently with Jay Bruns, LEGO SW Brand Manager where he addressed this question: (URL) McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Team (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: License Lifespan?

(...) Dave! (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: License Lifespan?

(...) Thanks for the info. (...) Good insight! It would stink if they'd locked themselves into a thou-shalt-not-develop contract, so maybe something will hit the shelves as soon as SW expires. Dave! (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: License Lifespan?

(...) IIRC, LEGO said the contract does not have a do not develop or sell clause for Space but rather the "ban" is self imposed since they would be competing with themselves. Jude (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)