 Star Wars / 17321
17320  |  17322
Subject:
Blaster MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 00:01:24 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi,

This is my first Star Wars MOC, and I am quite happy with the results. If the pictures work, you can see that the barrel right behind the flash suppressor cone is made from five tires, three of which are turned inside out, and wrapped around three smaller tires. All five are then wrapped around a dark grey spiral staircase axel.

Most of the other elements are easier to recognize. The cone itself is one of the drill pieces from the Rock Raiders sets. The trigger is spring-loaded, as well as being a black samurai sword. Various other detailing includes lances, spears, top hats, sock hats, wagon wheels, and a frying pan.

In order to get the front cooling grill to sit correctly, since the gun frame is only three studs wide, I had to recess a 1x2 technic brick with two holes between two 2x3 pieces, by putting two round 1x1 plates on the bottom of the brick.

Anyway, here’s the brickshelf gallery

These pictures are totally unedited, so all the cool lighting effects are created by actual light.

-Carl