 Star Wars / 17141
17140  |  17142
Subject:
fixing design flaws in #4483 (AT-AT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:27:37 GMT

I got set 4483 (the AT-AT) for Christmas, and while it looks great (at least from below), it has zero play value, mostly because it falls apart when you touch it. Many of the design flaws (see http://news.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=5034) are actually fixable -- some of them pretty simply. For example, ditch the smooth tile the pilot is balanced on and give him a frickin’ chair. :)

I’m thinking about making a web page listing all the problems with this model, and some proposed solutions, so that others who get it may save themselves some frustration. But there’s no sense in duplicating effort -- is there already a page like that somewhere?

Thanks,

Joe