 Star Wars / 16942
Re: New prototype lighting mod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 04:33:26 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Rob Hendrix wrote:
Removable light-up weapon Stormtrooper.  Yes!  Removable weapon!

I decided to take out the ON/OFF switch on this model.  If you want to turn
it off, just take off the weapon!  The contacts from the battery are in the
hand and the gun has a contact on either side of the grip.  I haven't
perfected the contact design; maybe more ideas will come to me.  It wasn't
easy putting two contacts inside a minifig hand that touch two contacts on a
minifig tool and still have the hand grip the tool.  Hopefully future
developments will present better methods for the connection, as well as,
easier ways to construct it.  Two piece metal hand with an insulator in the
middle??

With your ability to cram everything into a single 1x1 round plate, I figured
that was what you'd used when I started reading your post.  This is neat, too,
though, since this should be a lot easier to convert for removable lightsabers
than cramming those dinky batteries into a lightsaber hilt.