 Star Wars / 1672
1671  |  1673
Subject:
Obi-Wan in Episode I sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:33:16 GMT

Is it just me, or is the Young Obi-Wan minifig, complete with a brown cloak
hood (like Maul's Black one), only available in ONE set, the Gungan Sub?

I have my theories as to why Qui-Gonn might be more plentiful than Obi-Wan in
these sets, but I can't undertand why Obi-Wan (and more importantly, his brown
cloak :D) would only be in one set.

And yes, I'm well aware that the Star Wars theme is slated for at least 5
years, and that there will be many opportunities for TLG to release young
Obi-Wan minifigs (and other figs with Brown Cloaks) during that time, but it
doesn't stop me from wondering why.  I like the new cloak hoods, and I'm
probably going to wind up with a lot of black ones (after all, Lightsaber Duel
is a cheap way to get green and red saber blades and long male hair, and Sith
Infiltrator, while ugly, is a good source of grey plates- and it can be
modified, since it is LEGO, after all...), and Brown ones fit in more nicely in
Castle and other themes... well, ok, mostly Castle.

eric