 Star Wars / 1659
  Just got two of the new sets...

Some very interesting things I noticed. I picked up the Sith Infiltrator and the Mos Espa Pod Race set today at Aims. They were pulling pallets out of the back from a shipment. They were putting pallets of toys near the toy section and in them were (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

Town JR alert! Just opened the pod race set. Inside is three boxes, one for each pod! They have separated the pieces for each pod in their own boxes. Subulba's pod box takes up half the entire inside. Then Anakin's and Gasgano are in the other half, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

Do you mean Ames?? Where do you live? Ryan "Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda ***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

(...) Oops, yeah Ames, spelled it wrong. I live in NJ, the Ames was in Lawrenceville, just outside of Hamilton Square on Quakerbridge Road. Jason F. (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

Oh well. I didn't realize that they had any that far south, I thought they were a New England chain. It's a pretty good sign when Ames is getting them before the release date :) in my area Ames usually doesn't get stuff before Wal-Mart or (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

Ames is present in SW PA, but I think that's just about the limit of where they've spread to. My local Ames currently has no SW items out at all, and even the space that they are usually in is taken up with other toys. My guess is they're holding (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

Robert Brunskill wrote in message ... (...) they've spread to. There is an Ames in Charleston, WV.... well actually Dunbar, WV. I found two Sand Dollar Cafes for 14 dollars each there about two weeks ago. They had about five or six each of the three (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

There's an Ames in Logan Ohio. Southeast of Columbus (...) Jorge Rodriguez rodriguez.136@osu.edu (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

(...) There are at least two Ames near me. I live just outside Washington DC in Silver Spring MD. Also, when I visited Florida a couple years ago, I picked up a set at an Ames. Jeff (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

Oh, well. So I was wrong. I've never seen many and don't usually hear about them so I guess I just assumed wrong:) Ryan "Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda ***...*** REPLY SEPARATOR ***...*** (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

(...) Well, I went to said Ames, and they're highly miffed about those sets getting out. I mentioned offhand that someone had acquired something there, and they said "yeah, he went and took it straight off the pallets, but we've got them put away (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

(...) Oh, man is that screwed up. If they were that miffed about it, then they should have stopped me when I brought back the Sith Infitrator to get the 50% off discount with it. What time did you go. I was there around 2pm. Well, I can tell you how (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

(...) You're kidding about this, right? You mistyped a set number, right? If not, I'll buy all the 6081's they've got. What's the street for that Wal-Mart? Also *which* big Divers set, and how much is full price? Steve (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got two of the new sets...

(...) Danger Will Robinson! Numbering failure! It's not 6081-- it's 6180. My dyslexic bad, sorry to get you all excited--if it'd been 6081, I woulda grabbed 'em! The "big divers set" is the big one that's normally available, i.e., not the (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)