 Star Wars / 16439
16438  |  16440
Subject:
4502 X-Wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 05:35:45 GMT

I built the 4502 X-Wing a few days ago and have noticed a problem with the upper
wing structure. The twisting arm device that opens the wings (nicely executed
Lego!) keeps popping my top wings apart. The panel that the arm pushes against
(the dark grey 4 x 4 plate with the tan circular tiles on the bottom) isn't held
in well enough with other structural support elements to prevent this from
happening, especially if the double rubber bands are applied to the rear set of
binding pegs. Has anyone else experienced this? It's really too bad - because
aside from this issue, the 4502 X-Wing is really promising in terms of where
Lego is going with general set design. It's a MUCH more sophisticated and
satisfying build (with some actual attempt at cockpit detailing!), plus they
have begun using pieces for their ~potential~ versus always using them only for
their original intended use. That gets me pretty excited about the new MF...

Anyone else come across this problem?

Happy Holidays -

Lee