 Star Wars / 16346
Re: MOC: Rancor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:39:37 GMT

Nice Bruce!

Overall I like the form, especially how you dotted the back with dark grey
instead of all brown.

However, the mouth look too wide and the corner teeth should be longer then the
ones in the middle - IMHO. I know this might be terrible to construct in LEGO.

Perhaps aim for three teeth, either a four wide moth as-is with the middle tooth
on a jumper brick - or a three wide mouth off-set by jumper bricks further down
in the skull.

If three wide is too hard to do, perhaps round it off a bit. The "lips" should
not be parallell lines, again, IMHO.

You could use 1 x 1 cones as corner teeth or stack two 1 x 1 round plates.

As a man-eating monster, the mouth is a major point of focus for "scaryness".

See reference pic here:
http://www.jitterbug.com/origins/pix2/rancor.jpg

I like the hands, did you try to use these parts as 'nails'?
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/x346

Highlighted.

--
Best regards,