 Star Wars / 1584
Re: Tie Fighter/Y-Wing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 20:55:23 GMT

Jonas Marcho wrote:

I am trying to find this set. If anyone can get a hold of it, I would gladly
send a money order for it. This set is next to impossible to find in North
Carolina.

It seems that North Carolina is totally cleaned out.  In the past 3 weeks I have
been to Greensboro, Winston Salem, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill, Raleigh, and
Garner, checking Walmarts, Kmarts, Targets, Zainy Brainys, TRUs, and all other
odd assorted toy stores.  Nothing.  So far I have bought every SW set I could
find and that has amounted to 2 Speeder Bike Sets, 1 Landspeeder, and 1
Snowspeeder.  I have yet to even see an X-wing or TIE/Y-wing.  The store
managers I have talked to all give the party line that they get a shipment every
week but don't know what will be on it.  A few told me that they seriously doubt
that they will get any more SW sets until late May at the earliest.  One even
complained that he got only one shipment of Episode I sets and that LEGO won't
send any more until the end of May.

My question is, What the heck is TLG thinking?  They HAVE to have known what
kind of demand there would be for these sets.  Is their logistics system THAT
screwed up!??

--Karim