 Star Wars / 15036
Re: A few comments on SE Naboo Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 22:56:00 GMT

"David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:H7D0J7.K0y@lugnet.com...
Got one using the buy one get second 50% off sale at TRU.  Much better
translation of the shape.  The chrome pieces are, of course, awesome.  I • was
also quite intrigued by the click-joint used in the stand, which is much
small smaller and much more flexible in terms of use.  Huge mecha
possibilities here.  An excellent assortment of the new inverse and • regular
split-slope pieces.  I especially like the trans-light blue Techic wheels
used to simulate engine glow.

My only criticism is too few Techic pegs are used to attach the four cones
on the engines.  Using only two pins makes them very floppy.  I used six • on
each cone and it's much firmer.  Looks less droopy too.  However, a very
fine model overall with a great selection of yellow bricks, which is • always
good.
Dave

I just got mine and I agree with the pins.  I don't know why they didn't
just use black friction pegs (the ones that have been around since technic
was concieved).  Anyway, that was the first change I made.  Of course, now I
am making another change...   (more to come shortly).

        -- Tom