 Star Wars / 14925
Re: What's the big deal about the Mini TIE?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:57:31 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Nathan Wells writes:
Just wondering,

I received my Mini TIE today, and for such a small scale it looks fairly good.
But what's so great about it?????  Why would anyone pay thirty bucks for
this???  I'm not a large Star Wars fan (I mean, I don't drool over a poster of
Episode {n}, or complain that the official X-wing set is one stud to short), but
I still don't know why the world is going nuts over a 12 piece set.

Okay, I better stop ranting, sorry about that.

Nathan Wells

Why were Chicken Elmo, Ticket Me Elmo, Patch Pack Kids, Care Bares and a
whole slew of other toys  so sought after.  IMO two simple reasons.

1) Low Quantity
2) America is CRAZY

and in the case of the mini Tie on more
3) NOT FOR RETAIL SALE

As such a die-hard star wars LEGO FANATIC cannot buy this item so must
restore the the 2nd hand market or even black market to get one to be able
to complete his/her collection.

As long as their is low supply and a high demand those that have the product
will reap the rewards. =)

-AHui