 Star Wars / 14401
14400  |  14402
Subject:
Hop-Frog, you've got it all wrong!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:27:49 GMT

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/17/film.dvd.reut/index.html

See? The problem with EPII wasn't a feeble story or lame acting or the
unbelievable love affair between the beautiful young senator and her
creepy-obsessive-brooding-mass-murdering-psychopath... The problem is with
The Internet.

I particularly love this bit:

Studios need it, or they're gone. They're on the verge of collapse anyway.
They are not making money. Anyone who says, or thinks, that they are, is out
of their mind."

  Oh, come on!  Maybe the problem is that "stars" get a zillion dollars for
movies that barely gross more than the "star's" paycheck.  Maybe the problem
is that studios spend far more on marketing than they do on scripts.  Maybe
the problem is that studio execs are finally feeling the logical conclusion
of the whole postmodern "form-is-substance" mantra. Maybe the problem is
that consumers are finally realizing what films are actually worth.
  Maybe the benefit is that actual films will start being made, rather than
two-hour commercials for the latest
action-figure/soundtrack/video-game/clothing-line/DEA-propaganda tripe.

   Au contraire!  The Internet is to blame!

     Dave!