 Star Wars / 1404
  894 pieces? How?

OK, now that all the sets have been revealed I have this aching question. If Anakin's pod is no more than 134 pieces in it own set and the Mos Espa Pod Racers set has 3 pods, how can the set have even near 894 pieces? 134 is stretching it with the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 894 pieces? How?

(...) Good question. The box does show a 'base' of sometype in the background, but it looks like 150 pieces, max. Maybe the set comes with 300 grains of sand. Steve (25 years ago, 19-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 894 pieces? How?

(...) The other two Pods look like they have a lot more pieces in them than Anakin's Pod. Sebulba's looks like it might have twice as much as Anakin's Pod! Also, In the background, I see Qui-Gon, Padme, and R2. Jar-Jar, may be back there too, but (...) (25 years ago, 19-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 894 pieces? How?

(...) Like I wrote before, Anakin's Pod Racer set is 134 pieces, and that includes extra pylons and a pit droid and another minifig. So the pod itself may be about 110 pieces. So lets assume the other two are double that at 220 each. That makes for (...) (25 years ago, 19-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 894 pieces? How?

(...) Anakin's (...) It appears in the background there are "pit areas", one for each racer and I recall seeing somewhere that this set was to have 8+ figs. Perhaps this accounts for the "missing piece" conspiracy. (25 years ago, 19-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 894 pieces? How?

The pod race comes with 3 (THREE) pit stop stations. If you figure about 75- 100 pieces each, you can cover 215-300 pieces in them alone. Mike (...) in (...) while (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)