 Star Wars / 14038
Re: UCS Star Destroyer: #6989 giant wheels in Gray!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:11:06 GMT

He.  My mom bought me my RBR (I am 29, btw) for Xmas last year.  So I
immediately called her and sent her the link for the ISD.  So I think That
will my Xmas gift from mom.  Of course my wife doesn't think my mom should
be getting me gifts--gifts are supposed to be for my daughter.

Oh well, when she is old enough not to eat the pieces, she can play with the
ISD, too! :)

-Alfred

In lugnet.starwars, David Simmons writes:
Hey all,

After some time to let my breathing return to its normal rhythm, I looked
through the pictures again.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/09/news20020923_2.html

The engines do appear to have 8x8 radar dishes in gray and a 6x6 solid dish
in trans-light blue (new part).  If this is true then it means that not only
are the giant wheels from the Mtron Multi-Core Magnetizer back, but we have
them in a new color!!  Super-sweet!!  While I can't afford more than one of
these (and it will probably come under the tree from grandma, who did what
grandma's do best and got me the RBR last year), I'd like to issue a
standing offer right now of $5 (or more) a wheel for anyone who's
interested.

Dave (who likes to have eight of everything!)