 Star Wars / 13938
Re: First Look at the 10026 UCS Naboo Starfighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:11:42 GMT

"Tim Saupé" <tsaupe@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
I have just posted a review as well as set shots, a box shot and piece • shots
for this gorgeous little set from LEGO Direct.

I got mine today, and built it in about 20 minutes flat.

I was not as impressed as you, mainly because the chrome is a little
disappointing. My big slopey bits have significant scratches and surface
abrasions on them. The wheel hubs, too, and the chroming round their sprue
marks is a bit untidy.

I think R2 looks a bit odd perched on that 2x2 turntable, he looks better
mounted directly on the slopes underneath.

The 2x4 twisty piece that provides a smooth transition along its length
between a 45 deg. slope one end and vertical at the other is awesome,
though! I look forward to seeing more of them in other colours.

Nice looking model, better than the original for sure, but worth 30GBP,
probably not.

Huw