 Star Wars / 13666
Re: home made chrome (and Naboo Yacht)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 20:10:51 GMT

Pretty nice job on the Yacht!  It looks good!  I was wondering what
technique you used in chroming the bricks.  Did it make them harder to put
together and take apart due to the added layer of chrome?  I'm wondering
because I have a few parts I'd like to try and chrome.

Well, first off, thanks!

It's metallic finish spray paint. Just make sure the stuff says "chrome" in
the name. Don't be taken in by "metallic silver" or anything similar.

As for the fit, yes, it does affect it. It gets a LOT tighter. The obvious
way around that is to only paint the sides that will be visible. You also
have to be very careful when handling the pieces. They tend to scratch and
show fingerprints easily.