 Star Wars / 13598
Re: 7133 Canopy Woes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:58:12 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mike McKee writes:
Several people have commented on the poor fitting canopy to Zam’s speeder
from 7133 (Bounty Hunter Pursuit).   Has anyone worked out a fix for this?
At least part of the problem with my particular set appears to be a hinge
cylinder (http://peeron.com/inv/parts/x139)  in which the hinge does not
align true to the axle hole.  Could this be a QC issue with my particular
piece or has it been common with others?  Does anyone have any experience
with gently heating and bending this or a similar element—or perhaps a
technic style axle piece?

Thanks,

Mike

It is the hinge peice.  If you look at the hole in which the axle peice
connects to while holding the hinge portion completely straight, you will
notice that the + is slightly cocked.  I have verified this with all my
hinge peices while using different hinge-style canopies.

Scott DeWolf