 Star Wars / 13110
13109  |  13111
Subject:
Star Wars CII
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 05:08:19 GMT

Hey everyone -
Sorry no pictures yet!!  But I just got back from Star Wars CII.  Ondrew
Hartigan and I drove down from Chicago for the day to meet up with Tim
Saupe, that was a real treat seeing him in person after getting to know him
pretty well online for a year and a half or so.

It was a BLAST!!  I'm not a SW fanatic, but I think if I could have spent
the whole weekend there instead of a single day, I would have become one.  I
hung out mostly at the LEGO and FBTB booths, but did get a chance to see
some of the other big things there like the prop archive room and the mockup
for the Jedi Starfighter on display.  The R2 builders club (radio controlled
full size R2-D2s) was a highlight as well.  I wish I could have spent the
time to see the whole thing, I know I only saw a small portion of what was
there.

Through a stroke of luck, er, well, yeah lets just leave it at that, we were
able to bypass the lines that wrapped for blocks.  So we got into the place
right at 11am when they opened to non fan club members.  Upon finding the
FBTB booth, we were recruited to piece together Shaun Sullivan's AT-AT of
which parts had shattered during shipping.  It took us well over an hour to
get it all back together (we had to figure out how to put the head together)
but in the end we got it near perfect.  There was only a small handful of
parts left over too ;-)

Several people from the FBTB community stopped by too.  If I could only
remember names...

I'll try to get pictures up in the next few days, but it will be hectic.
I'm gonna crash, been up for 20 hrs, its been a long day!!

-Tim