 Star Wars / 12737
Re: Bounty Hunter Chase and SpiderMan at Walmart in NC!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 01:54:39 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Craig Squier writes:
Got this at walmart in NC last night. 250 pieces for $30.

Nice colors! Note that some of the new mini-figs have double printed faces
on them, one face in front and different face in back. The Bounty Hunter
lady has an evil face on the back...

   Yessirree.  I posted somewhere a bit back a picture of that face.
   It's something!

The Jedi Speeder is kinda cool, like a retro hot-rod speeder. It has a
number of the new swoopy aero pieces and intake bits that are great. The
side scoop thing will be immediately used to make a MOC Ferrari Testarossa.

The Bounty Hunter ship has a new method of construction using rubber band
loaded locks to hold the "wings" on. I cannot figure why this was done other
than to allow you to blow it up. Since, you probably could have attached in
normally to get in to be sturdier.

   Yes.  Have you noticed, however, how bad the canopy stability is?
   Also, the printing isn't that good on the transparent-black pieces;
   they don't match the standard LEGO colors the way printing has in
   the past.  I do hope this isn't a cost-saving measure.

The new colors are pretty cool. That lime green is wild, but the new "light
brown" color will come in handy for making more realistic trees and "mud
scenes".

   Light brown?  Are you talking about the burnt orange?

Hopefully the Slave I will be in soon!

   The Slave I is a fine, fine set.  It has some shortcomings, but I rather
   like it.

   best

   LFB