 Star Wars / 12375
Re: some new photo's from 2002 sets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 21:38:03 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Marc Schoenmakers writes:

Haven't seen these before,....

The photograph of Anakin's speeder is from such an angle that it is hard to
tell whether the model is any good or not. But Zam Wessell's speeder,
despite being a very simple design, is very cool. And while the photos I
have seen of Zam Wessell haven't interested me I think she will be a very
nice minifigure judging by the helmet.

Other than that I am not too excited by Count Dooku or his speeder (I
haven't seen any movie stills of it to compare it for accuracy) but I am
excited by the sand people. Slave 1 and the unpictured Gunship are still the
picks of the bunch.

I speculated in a message yesterday that this first batch of sets seems to
focus on the vehicles and notably omits Amidala and Mace Windu (as far as we
know). I wonder if the following batches will focus on playsets and
storyteller sets. The climax of the movie is said to involve some large
beasts. I can see how those might fit in with some nice scenes and backgrounds.

Jonathan L