 Star Wars / 11745
Re: Harry Potter #4723
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 21:28:39 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Alfred Speredelozzi writes:
<snip>
I have heard that Samuel Jackson wanted a purple lightsaber, but Lucas wasn't
planning to deviate from the green/blue/red schema.  I think the schema might
be something like Masters have green, regular jedi/apprentices have blue and
sith have red.  However, that idea is not very consistent with the movies.

Well, the Hasbro figures of Mace Windu, Adi Gallia, and Ki-Adi Mundi (as
well as probably others) all came with purple sabers.  That's not to say
that Lucas is bound by what Hasbro does, but I don't think they would have
put purple sabers with them if Lucas did not approve of the color.  I've
also seen some other offical Episode-1 stuff that states Mace Windu's saber
is purple.

Before the different colors were revealed it was assumed that blue sabers
were used by Jedi, red by Sith, and green by those that were "gray Jedi," or
Jedi that didn't specifically follow all Jedi ways.  Now that there are
multiple other colors (purple, yellow, etc.) it seems as though that theory
no longer holds any water.

The theory was also formulated that Luke may have used parts of Qui-Gon's
lightsaber in building his own, which is why it was green.  It's possible
that Lucas thought it was a good way to tie the story and events of Episode
I into the original trilogy.

Personally, I would love to see more colors of lightsabers.  I think a white
lightsaber would be especially cool.  The problem is, should all cool colors
(blue-greens) be good and hot colors (red, orange, yellow) be bad?

Maybe yellow could be for sick jedi.  Or child jedi.

:)

Anyway...

-Alfred

Actually from what I understand, yellow is used by a member of the Jedi
council (though I don't remember which one.)  I'd also like to see more
colors of sabers... though I can't think of many beyond the ones mentioned
that would actually look good.

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html