 Star Wars / 11346
  UCS T.I.E. Fighter

What do you get when you take the solar panels off of the 7181 T.I.E. Interceptor™ and replace them with regular T.I.E. fighter panels? A really big T.I.E. fighter that required lots of black plates to make. Pictures can be found at (URL) panels (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS T.I.E. Fighter

(...) *ahem* T.I.E. Fighters have GREEN LASERS!!!!! Having said that, it looks pretty darn good. I'd like to see some UCS versions of the other T.I.E. models. Unfortunately, I don't own a 7181 of my own. :^( Nice work! ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS T.I.E. Fighter

(...) Yes the lasers are green but the star wars incredible cross-sections show that the tip is red. so a RED tip shoots a GREEN laser. I don't understand it but that is how it is in the trilogy. Kevin (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS T.I.E. Fighter

(...) No, that's just how it is in that book... which the artist could have done because he isn't as anal about laser colors as a rabid fan might be. In any case... this photo from the movie doesn't show any kind of colored tips on the laser (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS T.I.E. Fighter

(...) If anyone is still interested in this, here's what I've dug up about TIE laser cannons: A closeup of the T/F laser cannons shows that they do not have red tips: (URL) The Art of Star Wars exhibit) Other TIEs apparently do, however, as shown in (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.starwars)