 Star Wars / 10681
Re: Technics Scale STAP.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:46:55 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Brian Olmstead writes:
Hey all,
Just added some pics of my newest creation.

It's not exactly color-coordinated right, but brown is hard to come by.
Also, after looking at it, I think I'm gonna add a brick or to to the height,
under the engines.

-Kleric

Wow, that's pretty sweet...  Cool model.  I think I agree with you there, it
needs to be a bit taller.  Battle Droids only crouch slightly on a STAP,
they usually look like they're standing up.  I'd say increase the height by
about 3 maybe 4 bricks between the feet and the engines and you'll have an
awesome STAP.

I'm very impressed though, and I think the color scheme works pretty well.
Does the gun rack/handlebars section pivot?  It looks like it does.  I may
have to build one of these myself, except most of my brown pieces are tied
up in a mosaic of my dog... <G>

I can't wait to see it again once you've increased the height.

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus