 Star Wars / 1063
Re: how TLG could make a TIE fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 22:22:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, wilsonj@xoommail.com (jonathan wilson) writes:
here is an idea of how TLG could make a tie fighter:
take existing TIE cockpit and brackets and make 2 x solar panels.
solar panels. take 1 pair black SW wings and put them so the smaller edges
touch.
repeat for another pair. place the two pairs 4 studs apart with 2 4 x 12
plates between them. stick on to the bracket where the advanced TIE pannels
go.

(ldraw users can see what i mean at lugnet.cad.dat)

only problem: it would have to include 8 pairs black SW wings...

also you would of course need a new minifig and possibly some cockpit
changes. it would be a great place to introduce an imperial pilot fig.

I saw your post in .cad.dat -- great idea!  When I saw pictures of the
X-Wing last fall, the new 6x12 wing plates confused (mostly surprised) me --
I'd expected to see the old 7x12 wing plates show up.  Of course, while the
7x12 wing plates might've worked well on the snowspeeder, they would only
have worked marginally on the X-Wing.  The beauty of the new 6x12 pieces, as
you point out, is that they can be used in regular TIE fighter panels!  WOO!
Surely TLG has this all planned out!  This is a new hope for getting a TIE
fighter model.  :)

--Todd