 Star Wars / 10557
Re: Technic C3PO/Stormtrooper - better mecha parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:32:40 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Andrew Todd Amacher writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Jeff Johnston writes:
I was looking at the new Technic sets - the C3PO and the Stormtrooper -
and thinking that those ball & socket joints would be pretty darn handy
in making mecha and similar posable things.  But I'm not sure which set
to pick up, so I thought I'd ask...

Ignoring the main model (neither one looks that great to me), which one
has a better/cooler selection of parts, especially with an eye towards
the building of mecha & the like?

The C3-PO has the most ball joints- a total of 5, compared to the S.T.'s 4.
and yes, they are cool for mecha. I've built one this week with them and
I'll post pics soon.

How about the rest of the pieces in there, though?  Are the ones in the ST
markedly better for mecha building?  I hear that most of the 3PO parts are
actually black...

Also, how 'strong' are the ball joints - how much pressure do they take to
move/how much weight can they support?