 Star Wars / 10513
  Re: 8007, 8008 sighting, COS

(...) Heisenberg would lead you to think so, wouldn't he? Statistically speaking, it's not a 50/50 chance that it's incorrectly boxed, is it? If only 5% of the time it's incorrectly boxed, then you have 95% storm trooper and 5% C3P0, but I'm not a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8007, 8008 sighting, COS

(...) Right... but since there's no conventional way of verifying the contents, you wouldn't know if it's a 3PO or a ST in there, which would make it quite difficult to sell to a collector of "sw rarities." If you were to open the box to verify the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8007, 8008 sighting, COS

Actually it would be quite easy to verify, providing the boxes are of the same size. It would require having 1 of each set with the contents known. You would need a way to measure the weight of each of those sets very accurately and precisely. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8007, 8008 sighting, COS

Well as a result of my curiosity I tried x-raying through a box. The Lego Technic bricks were visible and detailed enough to tell the parts inside. -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. who is now on his way to bed. (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8007, 8008 sighting, COS

(...) I believe the shooter has a metal spring part. But plating from the chrome and gold parts from the C3PO set are probably also going to set off the metal detector! Fredrik (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)