 Star Wars / 10457
Re: Where can I find a clearance sale UCS X-Wing??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 22:38:41 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Christopher J. Dean writes:
The set is no longer available on Walmart.com.

They're still available, they're just a pain in the butt to find.

You've gotta go to the "Toys" tab, click the "Construction" link, click the
"Space and Robots" link, and the set is listed on the third page.

For some reason using the search function does not bring up this set.  I
tried every combination of the set name and number I could think of.  I even
did a generic search for "Lego" which failed to bring it up.  I eventually
gave up and started looking for it myself.  5 minutes of fumbling with the
search function vs. 10 seconds of clicking obvious links...  hehe, ain't
technology great?

-Bryan
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus

Hi all!

Well would you look at that!  It is definitely sitting in the "Space and
Robots" section.  I went to Walmart.com earlier this week to see what I
could find.  It was in the Lego, or "construction" section but I could not
check it out.  Last night I went to Target.com and there was an X-wing
there.  I was going to wait till this morning to get it and when I went on
there the thing was gone.  I already bought an 8548 and I think it is going
to be shipped anytime now.  I wonder if I can combine shipping.  Hmmm.
Either way, I would like to thank all of you guys for helping me out here
with this.  I greatly appreciate it.  Take care all! :-)

Brendan Coughlin