 Star Wars / 10358
10357  |  10359
Subject:
Imperial Shuttle - My Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 02:00:24 GMT

To All,

    Well, it seems very quiet here on LUGNET tonight, which is understandable,
most people are probably galavanting about, going to relatives, shopping, or
whatever in preparation for Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate around
this time of year. I am actually home alone in my condo, my wife is at her mom's
baking cookies or something, my roommates are at their parent's homes, and I
have to wait until tomorrow so I can transport my sister to my mom's house. So,
after filling and shipping all of my orders, I actually had some... free time! :
)

I decided to build the imperial Shuttle, and I must say I am impressed. It is
very swooshable, and pretty sturdy. It looks neat, and it is fun just to land
and put it back and forth in fly and landing mode. I think it is commendable for
what they did and what they were able to translate into LEGO sets (AT-ST
excluded, mind you!) , which has for the most part been in the  Star Wars line.

Heres some positives:

1) Emperor
2) Imperial Royal Guards (I love them!)
3) Trans Blue Grilles! : )
4) Dark Gray Laser guns! I love em!
4) White part extrvaganza! (Engines, plates, curved parts, wings, etc.)
5) Good looks, the top wing is fairly solid, the wings are stable.
6) Imperial pilot, plain, but another smiley! A happy Imperial for once!

Here are some negatives:

1) Why oh why are there so many non white parts?! It looks like it came from
Watto's junkyard or something! It is all right, most sets are like this anyway,
I will change them, but still a little goofy.
2) The interior is too short for minifigs to stand up. Won't be hard to fix, the
cockpit will be a little tricky however.
3) I really don't like the 6x8 cockpit, they needed to put a hinge or something
on it. The paint in front is not too thick, and the trans-smoke is showing.
4) Cockpit needs some work, as well as connection. Too bad they can't get a
flexible tube or something part to connect the two parts, that might work well
for all the train creations as well.

Overall, I am pretty impressed with this set, with the minifigures, and the
overall neat design, with a little work, can be a real neat set. The nice thing
about the Star Wars line is a good selection of parts, and a good point to do
some custom modifications to it by yourself. I am planning on integrating this
one into my ADF Fleet at some point.

Since this is the first set I have built in 5 or 6 months, I am pretty
satisfied, it is nice to have a little time for my own LEGO items for a change.
Keep up the good work, LEGO, I am impressed.

Scott S.
--
Want LEGO Elements at Great Prices?
Visit The Sanburn Systems Company