 Star Wars / 10344
10343  |  10345
Subject:
#7106 Droid Escape is great!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 01:37:34 GMT

Greetings all,

2001 SW sets have finally arrived in the San Francisco Bay Area,
specifically at the TRU in Emeryville.  I was debating whether or not to get
the Imperial Shuttle ($30) and the TIE Fighter($20).   BTW, they also had
Watto's Junkyard ($50), the AT-ST ($10), and most of the Life On Mars and
Studio sets.   However, I decided to go bulk on the Droid Escapes.  At a $7
price point, this set gets my vote as the best 2001 SW set so far.  We get
Threepio in a cheap set (finally!) and it's loaded with great parts.

Two white 1/4 circle curved walls with a wonderfully detailed yet non-theme
specific design.

Two plain gray 1/4 circle curved walls.  Aaah, more turrets for my Castle
project!

One dark gray Classic Space engine (4x4 base tapering to 2x2 top).  Very
nice.

Four white inverse medium-slope corners.  Ooooh, baby!  Hold me down!

One gray 8x8 radar dish.

This set is such a great deal for the parts that I splurged and grabbed
eight of them.  I'll probably get eight more in the coming months just to be
sure I'll have enough of those wonderful wall pieces and the *slurp* inverse
medium-slope corners.

Dave

--
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."  - John
Lennon