 Star Wars / 10301
10300  |  10302
Subject:
E-Z Homemade IG-88
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:04:39 GMT

For anybody who's interested:  You can make a pretty accurate IG-88
assassin droid with some of the 2001 pieces.  Here's what you need:

- the gray alien torso from one of the Life on Mars sets
- two gray arms from that little alien Life on Mars flying scooter
- two gray 1x1 plates with the clip on top
- one gray 1x1 cylinder
- two gray 1x1 round plates
- two gray lightsaber hilts from the AT-ST set
- one gray 1x2 plate with a single center stud on top

The cyclinder is attached to one of the 1x1 w/ clips, and the clip is
attached to the torso as IG-88's head.

The two gray arms become, of course, his arms.

The other clip attaches to the bottom of the torso.  The 1x2 with center
stud attaches to the clip.  The two 1x1 round plates are attached to the
bottom of the 1x2, and then the lightsaber hilts become his legs.

It's to scale, being somewhat taller than a minifig.  It's also got
similar poportions, being long in chest and short in legs.  Plus,
without modifng anything, it's a great likeness of everybody's sentient
computerized bouny hunter!

Sorry I don't have any pics ... anybody care to LDraw this for the
benefit of everybody else?  Or take a pic of him?  I've got mine at
home, but I've done neither so far ...

Enjoy!

shaun