 Star Wars / 10284
Re: rendering problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:53:06 GMT

"geordan ballantree" <geordanh@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:G5JCrD.Dx0@lugnet.com...

hi, i'm having a terrible time finding a good rendering program for mlcad,
and all of the ones i find screw up on my machine(maybe I'M screwing up)
anyway, i need a ray-traced frontal view of luke in a flight suit for my
website. Can someone do one up for me please? i hope this doesn't cause • too
much trouble. Yes i will put a "image courtesy of ......" under luke if • you
want. Or could someone tell me a good rendering program for mlcad and • where
i can get it.

I've only been using MLCad for a short time but I can heartily recommend you
get POV-Ray and L3PAO. L3PAO will take any .dat or .mpd file and gives you
options to generate a .pov file setting things like the view (front, back,
left, etc), camera viewpoint, quality, background colour, etc. You then open
the .pov file in POV-Ray, choose the resolution, and hit the render button -
hey presto, stunning rendering! If you're still stuck then I can put this
together for you (I need to know background col and resolution) but remember
that the helmet has not been LDraw'd yet, nor has the head from the
Snowspeeder/X-Wing sets (the one with the eyebrows as part of the eyes,
slightly different than the later Luke heads). If you let me know which bits
you want doing instead I can through it together within a few minutes.

Dan