 Star Wars / *16554 (-20)
  Re: ISD group build--New Record

Bryan Wong wrote in message ... (...) Hey Bryan, when you eventually want to take your ISD apart to use the pieces for something else, bring it to a VLC meeting and we'll drop it for you! LOL Kevin ---...--- Farmhouse kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) OMG I can't believe they actually did that! And no pieces were damaged? Quite funny to watch though - as long as it's not my ISD... -Bryan (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

(...) The velvet rope needs to be pushed back. I saw a few people get "wet" from the "splash." :) John (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

Sorry, let me try that again. :) (URL) ISD Drop> (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !

  Re: ISD group build--New Record

And here we go. Video only, no audio capabilities on my little digital camera. <members.cox.net/mee...dcrash.avi ISD Drop> --Ryan W. (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) I'm a professional Software Engineer with 3 years of PHP and mysql experience, were I to log in and discover poorly commented, badly structured, inefficent code I don't think I'd laugh, I think I'd fix it. As a community, I think you are (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  ISD group build--New Record

At BF PDX 2004, as wwe all know, there was the timed build to get the Imperial Star Destroyer built faster than the previous time (1:13: The Team: Holger Mathes Christopher Schermann Bob Kojima Thomas Garrison Nik Pieniazek Ben Schwartz Scott Lyttle (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars) !

  Hoth X-Wing Hangar

Check out our latest diorama MOC from our (URL) homepage.> (2 URLs) ACPin & Sons (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Icky. What about when amatures come in and write code that is... laughable... at best. Then you have a website made of mangled, chaotic code that definetly does not help the community at all. Poor commenting, bad structure, inefficent (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  2004 American International Toy Fair Pictures on FBTB

For those who aren't aware, FBTB is covering the Toy Fair in New York and pictures of new 2004 sets are starting to appear there. So far there are Duplo, Quatro, Dora, Creator, Designer (mecha!), and Technic pictures on there. I'm expecting Star (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2004, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.harrypotter) !

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) 1) That the site software will be published under an Open Source license. 2) That the content (or at least as much as possible of it) will be available as a whole under an Open Source license. 3) Probably also that we will set up a formal (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

Hello! (...) Well, most AFOLs already have been LEGO fans as kids and - after a periode of neglecting the brick, the so called 'dark ages' - found back to their old love. That means: For the purpose of growing hard core LEGO fans it's necassary to (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) why not just add a few new links/rearranging the front/homepage of LUGnet to make the central portal for the community? Jeff (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) <snip> What exactly does it mean to be "community owned"? Is the site going to be like a WIKI and anyone can change the content? Is there going to be a controlling body (say, for example, of 9 people) who are going to make all the decisions (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

[ -> .org ] (...) So what would be available to not-logged-in users? Greatest common factor? From a pragmatic standpoint, that seems like that'll dramatically chop the usefulness of the site -- imagine if Google only showed Kid-Safe-Verified sites (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) My understanding is that LEGO would like to have a site that they can feel comfortable sending traffic (kids and adults), but which they don't control and aren't responsible for. This site (LEGOFan) could include content (such as offsite (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

[follow-to to .org, since that's where other people seem to be redirecting] (...) It has a really funny "Moderated for safety; Cool!" logo. I printed it out really big for our security team here. :) (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Perhaps it is time to have another revolution. After all, LUGNET was at least partly founded as a response to user's dissatisfaction with some problems inherent in r.t.l (one of them , ironically, being that r.t.l was too open a system which (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

I really don't have a problem with the community trying to set up a web-site and trying to get the community to come together. I agree (with Terry) that saying that a certain site will be the one-stop shop is insulting. The one point I'd like to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the current forum on www.LEGO.com have a pretty hefty amount of modding? I remember reading when I first went there that no links to outside websites would be allowed, and all forum posts would be edited (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact