 Sports / 285
284  |  286
Subject:
Minifig NHL, eh!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:35:01 GMT

I would just like to publicly thank the person(s) responsible for minifig NHL
sets.

I haven't played with one yet, so I have no idea whether they'll be as fun as
the soccer sets (and I could never get the hang of the NBA sets..). But those
Bionicly NHL sets were...not good.

Now that they're the "right" scale, there are all kinds of neat things that can
happen - arenas, shinny, broomball... Chewbacca breaking down the right wing to
shoot on Spiderman.. etc.

I also appreciate how there are also an NHL Breakout street hockey sets to
accompany the ice sets. I officiated at several (real) NHL Breakout events, and
they were extremely popular with kids here in California. Great idea.

My only complaint - all the minifigs have those damn Euro visors! Even the
goalies! I know a better use for some Knight's Kingdom Helms..

Thanks again,

Darrell