Re: Moonbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 18:02:35 GMT

If we could just get BrickWiki up and running again there is a category for Moonbase with some articles already.

Off-topic: would it be possible to move BW over to Wetpaint?

moonbase
(score: 0.494)

Subject:
Pink Planet Retreat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 2009 00:01:52 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Come tour the Pink Planet Production Studio Project and Moonbase Retreat

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99179852@N00/sets/72157620746507289/

It is a diverse yet simple sanctuary for the Y-chromosome-enhanced AFOLs. This Planet is not anti-male, its just predominantly pro female and of course, provocatively pink.

Here you will find tons of pink versions of fan created space mythology, credit listed within the photo descriptions.

The comments along the way describe the different features of the Pink Planet Retreat in a humourous way, please don’t have a look if you sent your appreciation of humour out for the day.

This MOC is dedicated to the female builders I love (they know who they are) and to mock typical female stereotypes, and tease some of the well know “Spacers” that are prolific and amazing builders. It was built with the utmost respect for both groups, but truly built with one tongue in my cheek.

It is my hope that this project is taken as a silly/fun/light hearted project it was and not a serious attempt at Moonbase or even “Quality” building of any kind. While you may feel compelled to give me a million ways to improve it, your effort will be lost, since this project was a one off, built around 2-3 years ago (although never posted) and has already been dismantled and sorted due to a shortage of white bricks I needed for my next project.

Cheers, and thanks for looking.

Janey “Pink.... errrr I mean, Red Brick”

moonbase
(score: 0.488)

Re: LUNA Organics: Moonbase and vehicles a la Classic Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:55:50 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Roy Gal wrote:
   Aloha all!brp Some of you know me as a mostly town builder, but recently the Institute for Astronomy (where I work) held its annual Open House. The Lego Enthusiasts Association of Hawaii (LEAHI) decided to build a moonbase. I finally got around to photographing some of my MOCS. I couldn’t escape my childhood memories of Classic Space, so these creations reflect old-school designs.

LUNA Organics, purveyor of fine produce

Roy

I absolutely love the moonbase organic food store! Where else am I going to get my bulk chocolate covered espresso beans and my tasty trail mix?!?! The color scheme is wonderful and really evokes the Classic Space nostalgia. I always like to see builders ‘step out of their comfort zone’. Seeing as you are normally a Town builder, it is great to see you putting together some amazing Classic Space MOC’s. Way to keep us on our toes! :-)

Again, great work. All three of these are awesome.

-Dave ToT-LUG

moonbase
(score: 0.488)

LUNA Organics: Moonbase and vehicles a la Classic Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 21:33:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Aloha all!brp Some of you know me as a mostly town builder, but recently the Institute for Astronomy (where I work) held its annual Open House. The Lego Enthusiasts Association of Hawaii (LEAHI) decided to build a moonbase. I finally got around to photographing some of my MOCS. I couldn’t escape my childhood memories of Classic Space, so these creations reflect old-school designs.

LUNA Organics, purveyor of fine produce

Check it out on MOCpages or BrickShelf

Moonbase Mini Dumper

Check it out on MOCpages or BrickShelf

Moonbase Mini Tanker Transport

Check it out on MOCpages or BrickShelf

Roy

moonbase
(score: 0.487)

Re: MoonBase Corridor System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2009 17:24:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Eric Sophie wrote:
   Hey, this is good work! I see lot’s of handy modules. I enjoyed looking through
your galleries. You seemed to have thought of many ideas to help make a giant
layout.....and you know I love Moonbases!
Thank you, Eric! The system is great to adopt on site when erecting a
layout. Often you run into problems as the available corridor configurations
don’t fit. On the other hand the system allows for recycling in an easy way.

   Kudos for carrying on the tradition as well as providing a great inspriration source.
I just love Moonbase. As I’ve put some thought into the system since 2006 I
wanted to share my efforts with the community. Moonbase is always a community
project.

   Maybe the Curators can add this to the .space sidebar?
That would be a honor!

Marco

moonbase
(score: 0.482)