 Space / 9402
    Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big] —William R. Ward
   (...) The only form of "artificial gravity" that is currently possible is to use a centrifuge structure to simulate gravity. If you've seen the film "2001: A Space Odyssey" you will remember the doughnut-shaped room where the men worked and (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big] —Jesse Alan Long
   (...) Thank you, Bill, for telling me what the name of that technology was in my letter. There is a fatal flaw in your response, however, Bill. You seem to think that it is impossible to conduct this type of technology yet you already answered how (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big] —David Drew
     Hi. Gravity generators per se are not in violation of the laws of physics. However, they are far in advance of any current technology that we have. In order to generate an artificial gravity field, without the use of centrifugal force, we'd have to (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

         Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big] —Jesse Alan Long
     (...) The first issue in this reply is no person can become richer than God because God gave people the concept of money and currency in their minds. I could devote a whole other letter about this situation but I am not talking about religion in (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big] —William R. Ward
   (...) To clarify: the centrifuge technique is more of a gravity simulator, rather than the sort of gravity generator that is imagined for Star Trek or such. --Bill. (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big] —Jesse Alan Long
   (...) Thank you, Bill for clarifying that response to my reply letter. Could there exist a way that a gravity generator be used for some sort of gravity simulator? I am not very experienced in the laws of physics and I am sorry for causing so many (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au)