 Space / 9047
Re: LEG0 in Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 20:09:27 GMT

"Christina Hitchcock" <chitchco@gmu.edu> writes:
Russia takes space advertising lead -SPACE.COM

Cosmonaut plays with the LEGO Mars Planet
Protector toy while aboard the ISS.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/580964.asp

From that article:

]       The plastic used to manufacture Lego's toy robots - and the
] glue that holds them together - also were tested before the Mars
] Planet Protector and 300 miniature "aliens" were given a green light
] for the Soyuz flight to the station.

Um... GLUE???!!  Something tells me that isn't a model off the TRU
shelves... Wouldn't surprise me if they also used some other form of
plastic besides the standard ABS.  Probably the most expensive Lego
set ever made.

--Bill.

                    (formerly known as hermit@bayview.com)
                   Life is too important to take seriously.