 Space / 8973
Re: Contest Entry for Non-violent space contest: Dragon-ISV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 22:44:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, George Haberberger writes:
In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
In lugnet.space, John Rudy writes:
Hi All,
I know I'm late with this, hopefully it's still accepted.
I don't have a page on my site up yet, but here are the pictures.
Got To Run,
-John Rudy
www.geocities.com/tjjohn12

Hey, I really like this little craft!  :^D  It has the feel of a classic
sea-faring plessure vessel.  Ya'know, to expand on this theme I'm actually
surprised that no one has tried to make a solar sailing vessel.  It would be
slow...granted, but that's not the point.  It could be this small central
craft with big beautiful milar sails or something like that.  hmmmmm..

Interesting, but how pure could you make a Lego Solar Sailing ship? Would it
be pure enough if you reused the holey bags that the parts come in? They're
not mylar, though.

If you go with Mylar, you don't have a pure Lego solution. I prefer Mylar,
but then if I made a Lego catamaran, I'd make sales out of muslin.

George

Hey, I'll try those baggies!  I would prefer mylar too, but mylar is
expensive.  Those baggies are "free" (I say in jest).  You get a surprising
amount out of just one bag, too.  I just spread out four of them.    Enough
I say for a small pod-like craft.

~Trev