 Space / 8694
8693  |  8695
Subject:
Decorated Piece rerun - Explorien slopes in 4174 Creator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 11:40:35 GMT

I say a copy of the new Creator set 4174 "Max Goes Flying" over
the weekend.  The thing that caught my eye was that it contains
two 2 x 3 white slopes with the Explorien logo.

Since it's been some years since the Explorien line was produced,
I can't help but think that these are newly-produced for set 4174,
not old ones that have just been incorporated.

As near as I can see, when decorated pieces have been used in sets
outside their original theme in the past, it's always been close
to the production run of the original theme, so that the pieces
COULD have been stockpiled from the original theme production run,
and then incorporated into a set already in design.  Does anyone
recall a case where so many years have passed between the appearance
of theme-specific decorated pieces?

I've always tended to assume that once the stock of a particular theme
was exhausted, we would never see it's decorative pieces produced again.
Perhaps this is changing now.

Paul Ferguson
-- remove spamblock from email address --