 Space / 8560
Re: Hey Dan Jassim...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 18:55:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Felix Greco writes:
... I was checking out your carriers recently thinking I might attempt
something similiar.  I noticed that you use base plates for the flooring of
your ships.  Those base plates are usually pretty flimsy.  How do you keep
the ship from falling in on its own wieght?

Hey, Felix! Well, the lower baseplates are made sturdy by super beams that
run the length of the ship on each side. This sort of beam is just regular
bricks sandwiched between long 2-by plates. In the middle of the ship are
walls to help hold the flooring (one area is the torpedo room, the other the
cargo bay). I also added two columns in the middle of the hangerbay
connecting to the technic crossbeams above. I connected the seams between
the lower baseplates with long 2-by plates. The technic crossbeams above
also hold up the upper baseplates. Of course, I tried to minimize overall
weight by using castle walls, Arctic window walls, and BURPs. Good luck on
your ship!

Dan