 Space / 7985
7984  |  7986
Subject:
Big UFO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 02:24:42 GMT

Hi, I don't have a ton of money, so I can't build truly massive things like
Gibraltar, but I get by.  Anyways, I wanted to build a huge UFO.  I really
like the color scheme of the UFOs and how the models look, no matter how
stupid that might sound--it's just a personal preference.  Anyways, I have
one Interstellar Starfighter that I just found unopened at the back of my
closet, one of the big Motherships, and several of the little saucers.  This
is about enough to make a vessel with 2 large-saucer tiers and 2 or 3
small-saucer tiers, topped off by a standard UFO transparent peak piece, or
if that looks too small, a giant light green transparent one that was
included in the old Aqua-Dozer set.  I want this thing to have a detailed
command module with a loft and a tiny docking bay for small recon craft as
well as a docking tube for larger craft.  Basically I want this thing to
look like a freakin' monstrous version of the set Mothership with some more
realistic functions built in.  Now that I've droned on does anyone have any
tips for building UFOs of this size or implementing complex features into
those damned saucers?  And the most important question:  WHERE SHOULD I PUT
THE COOL LIGHTS (included in the Interstellar Starfighter)  Thanks