 Space / 7855
Re: Nomination/Webpage Redesign....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:45:36 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Paul Hartzog writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, John Aronson writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, John Aronson writes:
Well I got my page redesigned, and hope it loads better,  you want to run on
800 x 600 and as many colors as possible, but 16bit or 256 is OK. My hopes
were that it could be nominated for Cool LEGO Site of the Week, It would be
cool, I think my models are most likely good enough so.. LMKWYT!
-john
http://www.geocities.com/neoplastics

Did this just get misssed by everyone..? :P or am I lame for even posting
something like this?
semi-distraught-
-john

well,
i can't speak for everyone else
but i know that when i went to the site
and got those annoying geocities popups
i bailed as fast as i could

this time however i stayed cuz you want
some feedback, and speaking as a professional
in the industry here's my constructive criticisms:

1) if you are going to use a host that uses popups
then by all means use frames for your site so that
a visitor can browse through your pages and they'll
only get the one popup on the first page and not a
new one for every subsequent page.

Maybe Ill swithch back to frames...I had it that way before but it took for
longer to load then it already does..

2) don't just assume your visitor has a white bg.
mine is grey by default. so all of your white bg
oriented stuff just stands out.

I did the white areas on purpose, Ill consider other less drastic colors..
3) really bad:  your new little window has no
back/forward buttons, or anything else, so as you
drill into the site, you can't go bak up.

actually there are backbuttons "return" at the bottom of each page or a new
window for diffrent MOCs.
hope these things help

Thankyou! I glad some one cares... sorry if i sound bit pissy about things,
bit of a bad mood today (worked a lot on the site but it doesnt help much):/

thx much
-paul