 Space / 7850
Re: MOC: 61001 - Heavy Scooper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 18:38:15 GMT

lou,
great MOC
i'm crossposting this over to space
because movies like Aliens, et al are full of real
industrial looking space equipment all based on
std 'town' industrial equipment

so some of us spacers might appreciate it too

:-)

thx much
-paul

In lugnet.build, Lou Zucaro writes:
Hey all...

(I had incorrectly posted this to lugnet.announce...sorry!)

Here's a little set I made a couple of weeks ago. It's based on some of the
core elements of the 6474, but it clocks in at about 180 pieces (almost 4
times the 6474's count).

61001 - Heavy Scooper
http://www.pause.com/toys/lego/61001.jpg

The model features a much more solid base than the 6474, with a number of
tiles, as well as headlights and taillights. The cab features twin 2x4x2
windscreens, opening doors, opening roof, steering wheel and a control panel
behind the operator plus twin control sticks. A few other fun details were
thrown in to give it that little extra something.

I was going to sell a few of these, but then I realized that between buying
the necessary pieces and delivering the set with color building
instructions, I'd have to charge way more than anybody would most likely be
willing to spend.

Anyway, hope you like it...comments welcome.

Lou