 Space / 7706
Re: new fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 07:14:52 GMT

Thanks.  Actually, this is one of the rare cases where I built a rough
version IRL first, starting with the cockpit.  The only things I lacked
were the engines.  I try to test various design concepts with actual
pieces when ever I can.

Most of my models have not been built completely, which can be very
annoying.  I derive more satisfaction from models I physically build
than from solely virtual designs.

Travis Dickinson

Joel Jacobsen wrote:

In lugnet.space, Travis Dickinson writes:
Yet another variation to my current line of heavy fighters.  It's
unnamed at the moment so I'm open to suggestions.

LMKWYT

Travis Dickinson
http://www.geocities.com/sivar_tcd

P.S.  There is a pop-up window which should be a banner on that page.

Pretty slick, Travis.

You definately have a knack for these things. Anyone that can virtually
design a ship, especially this cool, has my admiration. If I don't have the
bricks in front of me, I have a hard time figuring things out.. ;)

I like the sensor arrays you have - using minifig legs was creative. The
engines are sweet, too. Very nice work all the way around.

I don't have any suggestions for a name, though. Maybe some of the others
around here can give you a hand.

Joel J