 Space / 7633
Review: 885 Space Scooter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:58:10 GMT

Set Name: Space Scooter
Set Number: 885
Year: 1978
Pieces: 19
Minifigs: 1
Theme: LEGOLAND Space

I was poking around on the LUGNET Set Database admiring the Classic Space
sets that I never had (all of them) and I saw this little thing. I checked
out the instructions on Brickshelf, memorized them, and built it in
Blacktron colors. I realize now what I've been missing out on. This set is
fantastic! It is probably just about as small as they come, but I love it!
It has a very efficient looking design that is plesing to view and to swoosh
around. It also has a great variety of pieces. Using just the nineteen
pieces in the set, I managed to build a SNOTty hovercraft, a four piece
minifig jet pack, and a whole lot of other little space ships. Another plus
is the commonness (is this a word?) of the pieces. Though I can't build it
in its original color scheme (the only thing keeping me from this is the 1x4
grey fence piece), I can probably build at least a dozen of these little
guys in various other colors. A perfect set. Nothing at all wrong with it.

Overall: 10/10
Good: Everything
Bad: Nothing

Reviewed by Greg Majewski, 03/11/01