 Space / 7617
  Re: Where's all that gravity coming from?

(...) As an example, if your structure is spinning at 2 rpm, you have to go out to 225 mm from the spin axis to get 1 g. And you have to be standing with your head towards the spin axis (like a hamster in a wheel). I got thinking about what this (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where's all that gravity coming from?

(...) Better would be to spin the docking ship-- spinning the coke can the other direction means changing the rotational speed of the whole station. It'd me much cheaper to spin the docking ship, then you don't have to do anything weird at all on (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.space)