 Space / 7615
7614  |  7616
Subject:
New Infantry Fire Support system from Jericho Tactical Industries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 13:05:56 GMT

Jericho Tactical Industries has announced a new infantry fire support
system, the I/GS-56, to be deployed to with the Terran Defense Forces.

Nicknamed the "Equalizer", the I/GS-56 suite consists of a self contained
hardsuit to survive in the most hostile battlefield environments mated with
a four barreled minigun capable of firing up to 1000 rounds of armor
piercing depleted uranium caseless rounds. Live fire tests have shown that,
while the caliber is smaller than standard issue TDF infantry assault
rifles, the weapon is more than capable of penetrating the armor of most
known infantry support vehicles thanks to the system's high muzzle velocity.

The key to the system is a balance and recoil compensating gyroscope that
makes it possible for only one soldier to operate it, despite its size. Due
to the enormous power requirements of the I/GS-56, the power cell must be
replaced after the ammunition in each Ammunition Storage Module (ASM) is
expended. By combining the power cell and the ammunition into a single
replacable module, reload times are very fast when compared other similar
weapon systems.

JTI officals state that the I/GS-56 weapon system may also be made available
to TDF recognized military factions throughout the Sol system. Military
factions from systems beyond Sol may contact the Terran Defense Force for
information on the processes to become recognized if they are interested in
the JTI product line.

-=-

Comments and inquiries welcomed. :)

Joel Jacobsen