 Space / 7121
Re: Idea! Thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 05:10:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Aaron West writes:
I have recently purchased a LEGO train set because at 75% off you can't say
no.  Trouble is, I am not a Townie, I prefer Space and Castle.  I have no
plans at the moment to convert the thing into a Hogwarts Express 'cause LEGO
will likely do it soon (i.e. not inspired yet).  So how can I work a train
with track into Space?  Here's my idea, has anyone tried it?  What if I were
to incorporate a railway platform into my long planned Space-Battleship as a
docking bay ferry and launch delivery system?  I hope to make the platform
average baseplate size so I can park a decent sized ship on it, and I would
have to balance the outer edges with rolling wheels so it don't tip or snag.
Granted the scale required to do this means that you may not see a picture
or actual model for a year, but I think this can be done by me on some
level.  Has anyone run into problems or had success with a similar idea?
Thought I'd ask before I get deep in ABS...
Best wishes,
Aaron

If you look under the set reference for 4559 someone says something like
"Blacktron can finally take the train to work."  The same could also be said
for 4561, which is what I think you are alluding to here.  Just mix in some
gray elements and classic space logos with 4561 and it will fit right in
with a space station.  Modify the seats to accommidate the tanks on the
space dudes and you're in business.  You could even make flat beds and have
partially assembled components to a Galaxy Explorer or Space Cruiser chained
to them.  Or you could try what you proposed above, which sounds good and I
really can't offer any advice on.  Just my 2 chunks of madness.

(junior)