 Space / 6617
Re: Large Ship under construction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:12:21 GMT

"William R. Ward" <hermit@bayview.com> wrote in message
news:m2wvb9j1t0.fsf@komodo.bayview.com...

This is my first posting here, so bear with me.  I have recently
emerged from a Dim Age (I tend to pick up my Lego(R) Bricks Or Toys
every few years, then put them away for a few years, etc.) and have
been working on a largish ship.  It's not exactly a Capital Ship, but
more of an asteroid mining exploration vessel.

Here's the trouble - I would like some advice on accomodations.  There
aren't any bunks or toilets or anything - the lower deck is just a big
open space (about 22 x 28 studs, just over minifig-height).  Because
of the way the upper deck is installed, and because of the tall
windows used (it uses the orange windows from the 6973 Deep Freeze
Defender), it's not really possible to partition it into rooms.  I
could maybe do some kind of cubicle thing.  But I'd appreciate ideas.

The ship is designed to be operated in a vacuum, in zero gravity.  I
am assuming that the studs the minifigs sit/stand on are really Velcro
or something, but not assuming gravity generators - this means no
sinks or toilets can be used (in the conventional sense anyway).  But
when landed on a moon or large asteroid, there may be some gravity.

Look forward to the pictures

Dont know if my model might inspire you
http://www.thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk/ll918.htm

this has a very detailed interior